Saturday, December 29, 2012

Bye Bye Binkie!!!

Our boys are HOOKED on their binkies. We never had this problem with Eli...he's a thumb man. So we researched and researched and came up with a plan. From what I read I found it was going to be a long process that involved many sleepless nights. We decided we would conquer the beast on a week when I didn't have to go to school in case of extreme sleep deprivation.
We'd read about a variety of methods in including the binkie fairy, having Santa or the Easter bunny take it away, tying it to a balloon, or even giving to the cat. We decided to go a different route...we sang the "bye bye binkie" song and threw them in the trash.

That was it.
We did it at nap time on Tuesday.
And
we
haven't
had
a
problem
since.
It was weird. No crying. No screaming.
Nothing.
Every once in awhile they ask about it. And then they drop it.
Not that I wanted drama, but I was just expecting more.
It's ok. I'll take it!

Bye Bye Binkies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment